Warmwater Fly Fishing

An everyday joe providing information about fly fishing and fly tying for largemouth, smallmouth, bluegills, carp and other species.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southern

Friday, March 17, 2006

My goals for this year.

It's going to be another cold and rainy weekend. The local waters keeping cooling off below 50 degrees. I still haven't finished sealing my old aluminum boat. Micheal, a local fly shop owner mentioned a friend of his Rhino lined the bottom of his boat. I sholda thought of that!

Here are my goals for this year - and I hope to blog about actual trips soon.

1. New species - I have carp hunted occassionally. However, I have recently purchased Carp on a Fly. It is a very informative book. I have landed only 2 carp. One was accidentally hooked and the other was caught with a pheasant tail nymph.

There are plenty of local waters to fish - I have seen numerous carp in previous trips but i am not the best at a delicate presentation.

2. New waters - I made a recent trip out to scout local waters. War Eagle Creek near Hindsville, War Eagle Mill, an access at the mouth of War Eagle Creek, Lake Hindsville, Illinois River - HWY 412 and Savoy area, White River in Elkins, West Fork - Pump Station Road and an access near Crossover, Lake Wedington, and Lake Prairie Grove.

3. Improve my tying capabilities. I really need to work on tying smaller patterns such as nymphs and dry flies.

4. My presenation - I need to work on a delicate presentation.

5. Attend the Smallmouth Rendezvous in Tahlequah - never been - heck I've never been to the Sowbug Roundup.

6. Find a canoe - make a float trip or two.

7. Keep some fish and fry 'em up.

8. Actually fish for trout.

9. Make an excursion with my father.

10. Mow the lawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home